I recently subscribed to the Digi Files at The Daily Digi http://thedailydigi.com/. I haven't even had time to unzip, let alone scrapbook with, most of the March digital products. But, I was very inspired by the bonus So Lucky products and decided to create a layout on St. Patrick's Day featuring some of the many things in my life for which I'm So Lucky.
I downloaded a free digital scrapbooking kit, So Lucky, which is inspiring me to make a layout by the same title, capturing at least 17 reasons why we are So Lucky:
- A Saturday morning to sleep in. - Real maple syrup on Stefan's Eggos and my french toast.
- The clean, well-stocked little store in Perkins where we stopped to pick up groceries on the way to the cottage.
- A warm, sunny walk on the lake; and having rubber boots to keep our feet dry.
- The fun that the girls had 'swimming' on the lake.
- The beautiful marvels of nature that the ice holds, like occasional leaves in a melt-hole or sparking shards of ice revealed when we dug out old holes in the ice.
- BBQ hotdog and beans for lunch, with a bright green spinach salad too.
- A fun game of Clue in the cottage loft.
- Our short (50 minute) drive home from the cottage, passing so many beautiful parts of this lovely city we call home (the museum of Civilization, the Art Gallery, the Parliament buildings, the Ottawa and Carleton University campuses, the Rideau Canal, Dows Lake, Hogs Back Falls, vincent Massey Park, Mooney's Bay and the Rideau Canoe Club to name just a few)
- A stop at the Hogs Back Falls to marvel at the powerful, frothing spring run-off as it flooded the lower part of the river.
- BBQ hamburgers for dinner, complete with pickles, tomato, avocado and cheese for fixings. - Apple pie and ice cream for dessert.
- Popcorn for a bed time snack.
- Watching Crashed Ice on our new-this-year high definition TV; recalling our summer visit to beautiful Quebec City where the competition was held. It looks even more amazing in winter under all those bright lights.
- That Heidi and Alexandra finished their homework so they'll have all day tomorrow to themselves.
- My wonderful craft room, packed to the brim with supplies, inspiration ideas and photos. And for the finished scrapbook layout of Heidi learning to ride her bike without training wheels.
- Having such convenient technology like our Backberries, iPhone and Android phone to take photos, talk with and text friends, check the weather, play video games and even post to my blog.
But most importantly; we're So Lucky to have such wonderful family and friends to share in this all.