1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine (I use solid not soft; either will work)
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup (or more) coconut
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1. Gather your equipment and ingredients including a sheet of waxed or parchment paper.
2. Measure milk, margarine and sugar into a pot.
3. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
5. While it is cooking/boiling, measure oats, coconut, cocoa and vanilla into a bowl.
6. Add ingredients in bowl to pot.
7. Stir until mixed.
8. Drop by teaspoonsful onto waxed or parchment paper (work quickly so mixture doesn't cool too much. If for some reason it seems to dry, stir in a bit of milk.
9. Let cool/dry/harden.
10. Share with friends and family.